Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some of My thoughts on Facebook

Well, hello again internet! Since Blogger isn't cooperating and letting me upload pictures of my brother's wedding, I thought it would be completely appropriate to share some things I've been stressing about in regards to ye old Facebook.

My Rules of Facebook... to be followed by ALL who want to be Fancy AND Classy! **Disclaimer. This post is NOT intended to be offensive. If you think it may be, please stop reading and remember we're still friends.

1. Facebook is NOT for old people. Yep, I said it. I remember back in the day when Facebook was ONLY for college Students... Not for High Schoolers, or middle-agers who wish they were in High School. Sorry. I think it's a fantastic networking tool, but unfortunately, I will not be adding you, My Brother's old Boy Scout leader or my dad's cousin. If you would like to correspond with me, please send me a letter.

2. How many times is it HONESTLY appropriate for you to allow your spouse to change your facebook status? REALLY. Come on. It's funny once, maybe twice, but if I have to log in everyday and read about how your husband changed your status again.... I think it's time to change your password honey!

3. Oy with the Aps already! I mean virtual farms, and mafia games...WOW. I can say little more on this.

4. Relationship statuses... So, here's how I feel about this.

A. You should NEVER announce your relationship via facebook.... if you haven't been dating long enough for people to figure that out, probably not appropriate for the internet. And furthermore, can you really degrade your feelings toward someone to an electronic update? I should hope not.

B. What's almost as painful as breaking up with someone.... watching someone's relationship status change on facebook. Yikes! I mean what do you say to that? If a couple breaks up is it appropriate to click the "I Like" Ap? Seems heartless...

SO... To avoid the pain associated with A and B. My suggestion. The only time you should change your relationship status is when you are married. (to ward off the creepers)

And there you have it internet, my guide to facebooking in a Fancy and Classy way!

Stay tuned for pics from the fance and classy wedding!

3 comments:

derence walk said...

Haha! Nice.

Crystal, I'm going to start following your blog because I think it will help me to be more classy.

Kailee Higgins said...

totally agree!!! i just love the part about the old people!!!! it's totally creepy to get a "add me" from some old guy you don't even know that well/ have never even met

Julia said...

I agree with what you've said m'dear...except for the relationship status...that's how I updated the world about Spencie...remember? (Which is probably why you said that, huh?) Haha!