Well, I just cleaned up after my New Year's Bash, it was a success if I do say so myself. Complete with a fireworks show and great fun and good company.
I've been thinking about what I want my New Years Resolutions to be all week and I came across something that really struck me. I realize this may seem a little late, but trust me, there is a point. Last week I was watching Meet Me in St. Louis, cause I have never seen it. And there's a scene where Judy Garland is singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and the words really hit me. Go ahead, listen for yourself.
So, the song says:
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
Next year all our
troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
Next Year all our
troubles will be miles away.
Which really got me to thinking about 2010. It has been a HARD year for me. As I look back I am amazed that I even survived. But then I heard the song and there was something that resonated with me about troubles being miles away. While I completely recognize that life isn't going to be perfect in 2011, I find hope in the fresh start 2011 brings!
So, I share with you, for the purpose of making myself more accountable...
Krystal's Goals for 2011
Goal for 2011: Complete Couch to 5K and run the Chena River Run.
Short Term Goal: Visit the SRC...become acquainted with ye old elliptical again...
Long Term Goal: Work up to running a marathon.
Goal for 2011: Finish 3 Semesters of College. (I'm doing summer... hooray!)
Short Term Goal: Go early on Monday and try to get into that Ethics class.
Long Term Goal: Graduate already so you can play with your own class!
Goal for 2011: Go to the temple 6 times.
Short Term Goal: Renew Temple recommend.
Long Term Goal: Go to the temple regularly (at least monthly)
Goal for 2011: Be more social and authentic in relationships.
Short Term Goal: Find a friend.
Long Term Goal: Have a New Year's Kiss for 2012
2 comments:
Go 2011! I got a little bit misty eyed when I heard your message that you were doing couch to 5k (when I taught the YMCA running class that is the program we used, its great!) Best of luck with all your goals. I'll call you and we can catch up. Thanks for the Christmas surprises!
Dude Krystal, I CAN'T believe you have NEVER seen Meet Me in St. Louis! I love that movie! I love your goals and I love to run. Let me know when you run your marathon and I'll come run with you!
Post a Comment