Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lunch Conversations

Hiya Internet,

Hope you're enjoying the new year. So, I miss my kids like crazy. I don't have favorites, cause I love all my kids... but there's one student who I really just love. She always tells me how pretty I look that day and we usually have a conversation at lunch time. They're pretty hilarious and I decided to share this one cause I don't want to forget it.. Background. I have a friend who works at the hospital and this student was going in for a procedure, so I had told her my friend might see her.

Most Loved Student: Whatcha eating?
Me: An Orange, string cheese, yogurt, crackers and a granola bar.
MLS: That's not a lot, but it's healthy!  (She tells me this EVERY day. Haha)
Me: Yep
Mls: What are your hobbies, and NOT teacher stuff! She asked me once what I do after school and I told her grade papers and do homework, so this question is to obviously clarify for me. Haha)
Me: Well, I like to play with my niece.
MLS: Is that a picture of her? (Pointing to a picture on my desk)
Me: Yes
MLS: Do you have any children?
Me: No, I'm not married.
MLS: Are you divorced?
Me: Nope, I've never been married.
MLS: Well, I bet you are the best aunt ever, and what's your niece's name?
Me: Juliette
MLS: Well, I bet you are the best aunt ever and Juliette loves you very much! I have to go eat my lunch now, I'll come back and talk to you later.

5 minutes Later

MLS: Whatcha doing now?
Me: Grading Papers
MLS: What's the name of your friend who works at the hospital? 
Me: Friend
MLS: Ok, I am SO excited they are going to get to meet me! I've never slept at a hospital before! I get to sleep in a bed with a remote control! And if I push the button too much it might fold up on me!
Me: I don't think that will happen, but it sounds very fun.
MLS: Can you write your friends name for me so I don't forget? 
I wrote the name on a star post-it
MLS: Thanks! I'll request this at the front desk. Ok, I have to get ready for recess, it was nice talking to you!

Buwahahahaha! I love that kid! Can't wait to see her next week.                   
   

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Aaaahhhhh! I love this kid already too!