Friday, April 5, 2013

On The Hunt. Job Hunt That Is...

Internet.

In 37 days I will FINALLY be a college Graduate!!!!!!!!!!

I know right?! I'm SO ready to me DONE! I spent over 50 hours last week working on my beastly Full Time Student Teaching Binder. I taught for 3 weeks and survived.... ish.



Week 1: 
  • Girl tripped and cracked her head open during math.
  • Girl kicked at me, wrote her a discipline report the day before her birthday
  • Caught strep throat from a student, banned from school on Friday, had to make up a day later in the month  
Week 2:
  •  Celebrated my birthday with the kids. Journal Prompt: "How old is Ms. Duval."
  • Answer: somewhere between 19-78.
  • Taught lots of lessons and the kids were really coming together!
  • And we were all ready for...
SPRING BREAK!!
 
Week 3:
  • Army Band Concert, my kids were SHOCKED I knew all the words to Justin Bieber songs! Ha!
  • New kid came.
  • Lost New kid
  • Found New Kid
  • Almost left kid at school when we were leaving on a field trip.
           
So, during spring break when I should have been doing homework, I was concerned with more weighty matters, like finding a JOB!

So, I made a online portfolio:

 

Printed business cards:
 

And applied for jobs!

Chances of being able to stay here in town is pretty slim. There are jobs in Anchorage that I have applied for and would like to take... but I might not get them. I am going next weekend to a job fair, so maybe something will come of that??

 SO, if you know of a primary grade teaching position near you that's open... Let me know! Send your friends to my website! (I'm not posting the link on here cause it has ALL of my contact info, which is a bit creepy for my liking, but if you want my web address, just send me your email address and I'll send you the link!)

Fingers Crossed!

2 comments:

the firths said...

You would be Liam's dream teacher. I hope you get snagged up by a really cool school that realizes the fantastic package deal they are getting.
I'm so happy that you are coming to visit!!! You bought a ticket even before my mother and it really has made me feel much less anxious about this upcoming baby. Knowing that even if I'm a post-partum mess, you'll be there to help, give me encouragement, and keep me sane makes me feel much less nervous. Thanks a million!

Krystal said...

Well I've applied at just about every school in the Anchorage area... Juuuuust saying!