Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stress

Hello internet!

So, I'm not sure who, if anyone, reads this. BUT, I'm pretty sure that it's a whole lot safer than facebook... and I really find writing cathartic, so sorry in advance if you don't want to read this. If you're looking for fluff, I guess you'll have to try another blog. Sorry!

So, Stress. I feel like I get an overly healthy dose of it. I mean dude! I look at other people and I find myself asking, what's she got to stress about?? Now, don't get me wrong, I fully recognize that everyone has trials in their lives, sometimes I just wish they had a few of mine. :) This has been a rough week. WAY Rough. I was hurt by someone I trusted, Dug out the giving up on life pants for round two. (Some of you may remember that horrible time 4 years ago when the G.U.L.P. made their initial debut. haha!) And the worst part about the whole situation is that before I was called as RSP, this kinda drama happened, I'd eat some ice cream, wear my sweat pants and within a few days I'd be all right. However... I've learned that my calling makes things exponentially more complicated. The RSP can't have a bad day. The RSP can't be bitter. The RSP (in our branch at least) apparently can't win! :) I recognize this isn't entirely true, but to some extent, it is.
Which got me to thinking. I have no reason not to be happy. I have an amazing family, a good job, a great car, solid friends, the Gospel of Jesus Christ! What more can a girl ask for?? I mean did someone I love and care about "do me dirty," yes. Is being the RSP one of the loneliest things I've ever done, yes. But then I was listening to this, and I started to bawl. Talk about a Tender Mercy! Someone understands PERFECTLY how I feel. Jesus Christ knows what I felt like last week at 2 am. He knows how it feels to be so completely alone in room full of people. He knows what it feels like to have to do something hard and seemingly impossible. What a blessing! I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm going to make it! It's not going to be easy, but I deserve this. I deserve and choose to be happy. I choose to NOT let this event ruin my life, but make me into who my Heavenly Father needs me to be. And THAT is something I do NOT need to stress about. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog and I totally feel your pain on this one. Call me if you want to talk about the G.U.L.P. incident. :)

the firths said...

You rock, OFIF.
-Brady