Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Hi Internet,

So, I just started a new job this week at this fancy, technical, scientific department on campus. Have no fear though, I'm not measuring earthquakes or taking soil samples or volcanoes or atmospheric sciences. I file papers. ALL. DAY. LONG.

I actually really enjoy it. Who knew that my OCD and need for things to be alphabetized and ordered would make me such an efficient worker? Haha! The job is nice though, no stress, no responsibility, just filing. Another great part of the job, aside from the satisfaction that comes when I work my way through a mountain on papers is that I get to listen to my iPod. I decided that rather than listen to music all day I should use this opportunity to improve myself, so I found out that my public library has a program where you can checkout audiobooks to download on your iPod. Sweet huh?

My first book was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


I. LOVED. IT!

You HAVE to read this book. It's so cute!

Juliet Ashton is an author in post WWII London. One day she gets a letter from a complete stranger who is a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The novel is written as letters back and forth between Juliet and her new friends, the members of the society. The name of the society is as unique as it sounds and the members rich and deep. And you know me, there may or may not be a little bit of a love story in there....

I laughed out loud, I cried, I yelled at characters and I felt like a better person because I read it.

Find a copy and read it ASAP! It's a quick read and you won't be sorry you did it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this book!! I agree, everyone must read!

BreAna said...

I loved this book too!