Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Grandma"

Hi Internet,

Man, summer is flying by! Where has the time gone???

This weekend my cousin Danielle came to visit with her 2 adorable children. Liam, her 4 year old and I are now besties. It was funny because when I went to pick him up at the airport I noticed he called me Grandma. It was after midnight and with the time difference VERY late for a little guy, so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, the next morning Liam called me Grandma again. I was beginning to think maybe he was making a statement like the Pharmacist. But then his mom explained to me his reasoning...

When Liam was calling me grandma his mom tried explaining, no, that's not your grandma, she's my cousin. Remember, you met her before and she sends you presents and we read her blog.

And Liam, explained to his mom, that not all grandmas are old, Grandma Hazel had white hair, she was very old. But, Krystal isn't old. She asked Liam what made me a grandma.

Liam: Well, Grandmas really love kids and they help them know what to do next.

I guess according to his definition I am a grandma. I realized to him that Grandma is a really special title. Think about it. The women we love and care for most, who help us, who teach us, who love us unconditionally, who make us treats and send us presents all respond to Grandma.

How could you resist being this little guy's "Grandma"

Posing in front of the wolf at the Airport.

Liam went for a ride in the dump truck with Uncle Shane. He was worried he wouldn't be safe, so the safety guy hooked him up with some PPE!

He was pretty tuckered out. Running a race, visiting Santa Claus House, riding in the dump truck, playing with the dogs, jumping on the trampoline, getting free Happy Meals, filling the swimming pool and playing in the sand will do that to ya.

2 comments:

Anna Hernandez said...

That's precious! I've missed your posts! :) And you're not on facebook anymore. Miss you!

BreAna said...

So sweet! What cute kids!!