Here's your blog post for October. With the rate I'm blogging, I hope you savor it and make it last until November.
Life has been crazy. Being a teacher is hard work dude! Especially 1st grade. And while you are taking classes.
A few people have asked me what the difference between a student teacher and a student intern is, so I decided I would enlighten you all. (You are welcome in advance.)
In most teacher education programs your last year of university you spend half of your time learning methods of teaching. You learn methods of teaching math, social studies, etc. The second half of your year is spend student teaching.
Well, at the school I attend, they have combined those 2 semesters into a 1 year internship. It has its pros and cons.
Pros:
I get to be in the same class for an entire year.
I get to build relationships with my kiddos.
I get to see what the first days of school actually look like.
Some states require a year of student teaching to be certified. CHECK!
Some states require a year of student teaching to be certified. CHECK!
Cons:
I can't work.
I have to go to school AND be in the classroom and do homework AND lesson plans. UGH
I have to pay to work for free.
So, I am in university classes 2 days a week and with my kiddos 3 days. I really love those little guys. Even though I've had a cold for like a month straight and some days I'm too busy to go to the bathroom.
And since a post without a picture is boring... here's a gratuitous Grandma Krystal Picture of me and my grandkids at a wedding this summer.
And now, off to bed so I can try to recharge my immune system.

1 comment:
Thanks!! At least there is a longer list in the pro column!
Post a Comment