Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have a confession to make...

Happy 30 days before March 5th Internet!

I'm getting excited for my vacay! But I also realized that there are quite a few movies out right now that I've been wanting to see:




They all look fantastic and my favorite genre: Sappy Lady Chick-Flicks!

Now for the confession..... I have never, in my almost 26 years never gone to a movie by myself. I just have never done it. I'm afraid to for some weird reason. Like someone in the theater is going to judge me for flying solo. Or it might be the fact that I like to talk during movies (Yes, I am THAT girl, but I'm really funny!) and I don't want people to think I'm talking to myself...



But you know what? In 2010 this lady is going to conquer that fear and see one of these movies solo-at the Movie theater.

Hold me to it.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Go see Leap Year and tell me how that is.

April Bohlin said...

I was 23 the first time I saw a movie all by myself. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. Here are a few tips. Don't go at peak movie times such as Friday or Saturday nights, or opening weekend/week of movie. Go to a matinee if possible. That way there are less people in the theater and you won't be as noticeable. I saw Enchanted by myself. It was a 4:45 showing on a Thursday after work about a month after the movie came out. There were exactly 6 people in the theater besides me, a couple, a group of three and another loner. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all and since then I have been to see two other movies by myself.

April Bohlin said...

P.S. I want to see all three of those movies as well. I think I am going to so go see When in Rome tomorrow.

Kailee Higgins said...

when in rome was so cute. i really want to see dear john too....i've never done a solo movie but i say more power to you!!! plus i'm a HUGE going to the movie theater lover so when you get back to the banks and ever need a movie buddy i'm always game :)