Oh, and Happy 100th post to me!
When I was little I never wanted to play mermaids or horses like all my friends did. I only wanted to play one thing. "House." And I HAD to be the mom. Always. From the time I was little I knew that the one thing that I wanted most in life was to be a mother. When I went to college and was trying to pick a major, I wanted to pick a major that would help be become a better mother. I decided to become a teacher because I love children and I love making a difference. I realize now, that I wanted to be just like my own mom.
I am grateful for my mother. She set a wonderful example for me. Instilling in my the desire to follow in her footsteps and become a mom.
My mom is simply put, amazing.
My mom made our lunches everyday, even when I was in High School mom made my lunch.

My mother taught me how to be obedient. We do what we're supposed to, because it's the right thing to do. And if you don't.... "POW*."

*This is what a "POW" looks like Mom: You see this?.... POW!
My mother taught me to love and serve others, even when they're not lovable.

My mom taught me to love good things in life, music, arts and beautiful things.

My mother taught me to be strong. Even when she was going through treatment, whenever I called home my mom would sooth me when I told her classes were too hard and roommates were too much drama. She did this while lying on our couch not sure if she could make it herself. My mom is tough.

But the most important thing my mother taught me is who I am. I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father. He loves me. He has a plan for me. And even when I get discouraged with the plan, and I don't see how things are working out, My mother reminds me that God is aware of me.

I am grateful for the knowledge I have that Families can be Together Forever. Today, Mother's Day, my grandma lies in her bed unconscious. She doesn't have much longer, but I have peace in knowing that this life is not the end. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ I will see both my grandmothers again. I am grateful for my Grandmothers who love unconditionally, and passed that love on to my parents.
I love you mom!
When I was little I never wanted to play mermaids or horses like all my friends did. I only wanted to play one thing. "House." And I HAD to be the mom. Always. From the time I was little I knew that the one thing that I wanted most in life was to be a mother. When I went to college and was trying to pick a major, I wanted to pick a major that would help be become a better mother. I decided to become a teacher because I love children and I love making a difference. I realize now, that I wanted to be just like my own mom.
I am grateful for my mother. She set a wonderful example for me. Instilling in my the desire to follow in her footsteps and become a mom.
My mom is simply put, amazing.
My mom made our lunches everyday, even when I was in High School mom made my lunch.

My mother taught me how to be obedient. We do what we're supposed to, because it's the right thing to do. And if you don't.... "POW*."

*This is what a "POW" looks like Mom: You see this?.... POW!
My mother taught me to love and serve others, even when they're not lovable.

My mom taught me to love good things in life, music, arts and beautiful things.

My mother taught me to be strong. Even when she was going through treatment, whenever I called home my mom would sooth me when I told her classes were too hard and roommates were too much drama. She did this while lying on our couch not sure if she could make it herself. My mom is tough.

But the most important thing my mother taught me is who I am. I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father. He loves me. He has a plan for me. And even when I get discouraged with the plan, and I don't see how things are working out, My mother reminds me that God is aware of me.

I am grateful for the knowledge I have that Families can be Together Forever. Today, Mother's Day, my grandma lies in her bed unconscious. She doesn't have much longer, but I have peace in knowing that this life is not the end. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ I will see both my grandmothers again. I am grateful for my Grandmothers who love unconditionally, and passed that love on to my parents.
I love you mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment