So, I've asked myself this question probably a million times. What is wrong with me? Why am I not in a relationship? Why do no boys like me? Is my liking a boy a fate worse than death for him??
For awhile I came up with a million excuses.
Now, I realize the answer is there's nothing wrong with me.
I'm me.
I'm opinionated, musical, thoughtful, articulate, smart, funny, caring, creative, talented and good.
These are great qualities. I've worked hard to develop them and there are many other qualities I still need to develop.
The reason I'm not married is 2 fold:
1. It's my time to be single.
2. No one has asked me to marry them.
I read this article today and I really liked this part:
When do we marry? Surely in a Church manual somewhere there must be a specific year for that! Well, there isn’t. Matters of marriage are much more personal than a pre-published celestial calendar would allow. And so our anxiety level leaps.
We would encourage you not to rush things needlessly and unnaturally. Nature has its rhythms and its harmonies. We would do well to fit ourselves as best we can with those cycles rather than frantically throwing ourselves against them. Be calm, be patient, be happy with the season you are in.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I feel like EVERY single woman I know needs to hear this. To live it. Stop frantically throwing yourself against life and be happy with where you are in life!
Quit trying to bake a souffle in 5 minutes when you really just need more time.
That's my two cents for the day.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed before Benjamin Franklin robs me of an hour of sleep.

1 comment:
you are amazing! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment