Saturday, May 28, 2011

One More Thing to Add to things that I do AWESOMELY

Hi Internet.

Look what I made today! 
All by myself. 

No help from Mom the expert sew-er. And I didn't break the sewing machine!

The last time I sewed something by myself was when I was in 8th grade and I made a purse in a workshop at school, and that was in 1998. I have tried making other projects, BUT my mom usually ends up finishing for me. But not today!


It's a nursing cover/ Hooter Hider for my Sister-in-law and soon to be (End of September) niece!

I feel so domestic!

I followed a tutorial here which was super easy! I would make just a few adjustments to it for next time, like making the strap a little more narrow so it fits in the D rings better and making the "blanket" part more narrow also. I like that it's wide, but 40" wide seemed just a tad too big cause the sides get a bit floppy. But, otherwise I think it's way cute and can't wait to give away!

I LOVE the fabric! I have a little left, I just might have to make a pillow for my room. I think it will match my room quite nicely! :)

Oh, and the BEST part. It took me less than 3 hours from start to finish AND cost less than $8!

Remind me again why I'm not married? :)

5 comments:

itsatibbsthing said...

That is SO cool Krystal, well done! I loved having a couple of those hooter hiders. I kept one in the diaper bag for travel, and one in the living room - in case we had unexpected visitors (which happens pretty often with in-laws next door, haha!)

the firths said...

Cool! Kudos to you. Those covers are awesome. She'll love it.

ashlee said...

keep learning how to do all of these fun things. i expect greatness for me hooter hider some day! :)

Alexanders said...

I love it!! Cute fabric! I made a couple of these before I had Kaitlynn and I really like them. I just measured mine, it is 40 inches wide too. Personally, I think it is nice to have it wide because it covers my sides a bit too.

Erin said...

Way to go!!! I have one, and i love it, you have a lucky sister in law!!