Sunday, June 19, 2011

"There are Strange Things Done in the Midnight Sun"

Hi Internet,

Guess what I just did? Oh, that's right, I just finished a 10K. Say WHAT?! I know! There were a few minutes when I didn't even think I could do it myself. But everytime I saw a mile marker, I knew I was that much closer to crossing something off my list. I am a little t'd because the last half of the race I slowed  waaaay down. But, I finished, and I finished under two hours. Next summer. Under an Hour. Hold me to it please.

There was a way cool minute around the 5th mile when this song came on my iPod.


And I got a little teary.

I realized in that moment that last year I would not have been able to finish the Midnight Sun Run. And this year I've made choices to make a good life. This can, and will "be a good life."

Here's to next summer!

10. Run the Midnight Sun Run

Now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to take some tylenol and crash. Happy Summer Solstice!

5 comments:

ashlee said...

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome! So very proud of you! Great song to have on the 10K play list as well!!!

the firths said...

I'm a little teary-eyed too just listening to One Republic thinking of you finishing it!! 10- freakin'- K! I love it!!!

Congrats!!!

Liam has been "practicing' for his Jingle Bell 1- K race he's planning on running with you. Can't wait.

annie said...

That's AWESOME!! Good job! :o)

Alexanders said...

Yay!! That is so awesome! 10 K!! Fantastic!!

Kara said...

Okay, so I'm totally behind on the blogging thing, but big congrats on finising the Sun Run! And under 2 hours! I'm totally impressed. I wouldn't have been able to do it. Maybe I'll use you as inspiration to do it next summer!