Thursday, August 25, 2011

Have I Lost My Touch??

Hi Internet, (If there are any of you still reading)

I've been WAY slacking on my blogging. I hope lack of inspiration didn't force too many of you to quit reading. I feel like I'm running out of ideas for posts. Ok, so maybe that's not so much it... Maybe I'm just becoming old?

This is my attempt to give the ol' blog a much needed shot in the arm and revive its once vibrant exciting self.

So. recently I've been dabbling in the world of online dating.

No fear. I'm not giving out personal information or really getting any bites. Just seeing what's out there. And TV tells me "it's ok to look."

Fortunately, I'm super neurotic, so I assume everyone online is an addict, a creeper or a jerk. Which works well as a means of protecting myself from online predators. haha.


Anyhow.

I've come to realize that some people struggle at putting their best foot forward on their profile. So, may I suggest to you:

My Top Ten Deal Breakers with regard to online dating profiles!

10. Don't post a picture of you and your ex-girlfriend. I get that you went on a date once, but REALLY.

9.  If you post your male chauvinistic views on your "Looking For" section like "I expect that once we start dating the girl should quit her job and stay at home" plan on me BLOCKING your profile.

8. I am 27. My Dad is 53. If you are old enough to be my dad, don't wink at me. I'm not Anna Nicole Smith.

7. Don't post a picture of yourself in a visor. No one wears visors unless they work at McDonald's....

6. A profile is designed so people can get to know you... so don't write you "don't know what to say." MAKE SOMETHING UP!

5. I might automatically block you if your occupation is "aspiring rapper/DJ" especially if you are from Utah and Caucasian. I doubt you will be the next Eminem. Sorry.

4. A phrase such as "video games are my life" might be an indication as to why you have not yet found your soulmate.... juuuuust saying.

3. Topless self-bathroom pics don't do it for me. Modesty please!

2. I block any man holding a kitty in his profile pic.

1. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY- SPELL CHECK!!! Know the difference between there, they're and their. A Lot is two words. 

There you have it. You're welcome in advance.
Anything I missed Singles? Is anyone still reading?? Comments welcomed and encouraged!

2 comments:

Alexanders said...

Haha!! Fantastic! Last week I kept trying to look at your blog and some weird virus thing popped up every time saying that I couldn't trust your site. I was so bummed!! Glad that it didn't happen again today.

the firths said...

:)Can't guys love kittens too :) Considering you were bombarded with family for 2 months straight, started a new job, and were upholding your honor as a UAF superstar, we understand your lack of blogging. Happens to us all. Love you so much!