I'll tell you what, this Geography class I'm taking is KICKING MY TRASH! I really hate when professors try to make your 100 level class consume your ENTIRE LIFE. Just wait until instructor evaluations come around. You had best believe I'll be giving my two cents.
So, when I'm not drawing maps of the world, or reading, or watching required films, I'm working. Filing and scanning and indexing away. And listening to my Audiobooks.
I'm really grateful that I can relax at work. I used to read ALL. THE. TIME as a kid. My mom would come upstairs late at night and take my books away so I would go to sleep.

Then High School and college came and reading was no longer fun. I couldn't read what I wanted to and I had deadlines, reading was a chore. It's been really fun this summer being able to listen to books that I've been wanting to read, but couldn't justify the time. But now, since I can listen and work at the same time. Hello! Multi-Tasking!
Then High School and college came and reading was no longer fun. I couldn't read what I wanted to and I had deadlines, reading was a chore. It's been really fun this summer being able to listen to books that I've been wanting to read, but couldn't justify the time. But now, since I can listen and work at the same time. Hello! Multi-Tasking!
Today I finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
I absolutely LOVED IT!
I'm a little obsessed with the South, their culture, their homes, their food (Thanks Paula Dean!) and The Help just made me love it that much more. Also, I loved the historical aspect too.
The story is set in 1960's Jackson, Mississippi. 23 year old Skeeter has just graduated from Ol' Miss and returned home, SINGLE. In an effort to begin her career as a writer Skeeter is told by a fast talking editor in New York to write about something that bothers her and doesn't seem to bother anyone else. Well, when her best friend and president of the Jackson Ladies League, Hilly Holbrook, introduces the Home Health Sanitation Initiative to require homes to have separate bathrooms for their black help, Skeeter finds what bothers her. Skeeter wants to write a book from the perspective of The Help, but what black woman in the South is going to snitch on her boss-lady?
The Help will make you laugh, cry and cheer. The movie comes out next week so you still have time to read the book before you see the film, which looks good too. You won't be sorry. This is a MUST READ! And then watch. :)
Happy Reading!
2 comments:
I can't WAIT to see this movie!!! This book really takes the cake! haha, get it???
I checked the book out from the library, but never got around to reading it. Guess I'll have to check it back out and actually read it this time!
Post a Comment