Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just Bend the Pieces til They Fit....

Hi Internet,

I've never liked doing puzzles. I'm too immediate gratification for that. Why would I spend hours putting a picture together, when really I just want to see the picture? I get frustrated. I see the corners. I see the box and what the puzzle is supposed to look like, but I can't seem to wait long enough to put it all together. And then it always seems like there is a piece that just doesn't seem to have a home. Like no matter how you twist or turn it. It doesn't belong anywhere. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely piece, it looks like it belongs, but you just can't make it fit...



I feel like that piece. I don't really have my spot anymore. I wish I fit, but I feel like I'm squeezing into a spot that's not for me.

I guess it's interesting, my whole life I've tried to put up this front that I'm always go, go, go and do, do, do.

But, the interesting thing is that if you REALLY know me... I'm pretty mellow.

I've been surprised how many people know OF me, but how few actually KNOW me.

I think people assume that I'm especially busy all the time. That I probably already have plans. I guess I should make some to make that assumption true. Haha

In short. I'm not quite sure where I belong. I wish there was an easy answer. A perfect fit. But, I'm afraid I'll probably have to hang out in the place that doesn't feel quite like home.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I think your great just who you are. I really admire you in alot of ways.

Lets not forget that people are people, that we are children of an eternal family-and that is all that we need to be to fit!

Love you Krystal!

Julia said...

I'm really proud of you for sharing that, Krystal. It takes a lot of courage to admit how you really feel--especially when it isn't rosy. I love you and think the world of it.

Julia said...

change it to you. :) You know what I meant.

Jenna said...

Maybe you should try Barrow??? I personally would LOVE that. And I never have plans anymore. We can not have plans together. :)