So, I just survived a crazy week with 2 tests, 2 papers, work and about a billion other things going on all at the same time. Feeling pretty good about that accomplishment.
What I don't feel good about is something that I have been seeing at school.
I want you to know that I have seen this more than once. With more than one victim, and on different days.
As you are aware, I live in Alaska. Interior Alaska, which is virtually a cold desert. Not a lot of rain. And we just started getting a few snowflakes, but nothing to be overly concerned about. Which is why I'm quite disturbed when I see girls at school romping around in THESE...

Now, I know what you are thinking, they are being prepared for the elements, blah blah blah.
WRONG!
These ladies are wearing XTRATUFs, with their jeans tucked in....as a FASHION STATEMENT.
I'm pretty sure Tim Gunn would NOT be ok with this, because I certainly am not.
Rain boots are only acceptable in the following situations:
1. It is pouring rain.

2. You are 5 years old and splashing in puddles.

3. You are camping.

Yes, that is me, front and center. Camping AND wearing rain boots. Probably will never happen again, but it did happen once.
4. You own a pair of cute boots, such as these.

4. You are a fish monger.

5. You are a deck hand for one of the Deadliest Catch crews...

Which isn't a real excuse cause that show drives me CRAZY cause it's the same thing every week... do they catch crab, do they not catch crab? It will be one of the two endings, every time. Promise.
But by all means do NOT wear them to be stylish.
There you go. Now you know when you may wear your galoshes.
What I don't feel good about is something that I have been seeing at school.
I want you to know that I have seen this more than once. With more than one victim, and on different days.
As you are aware, I live in Alaska. Interior Alaska, which is virtually a cold desert. Not a lot of rain. And we just started getting a few snowflakes, but nothing to be overly concerned about. Which is why I'm quite disturbed when I see girls at school romping around in THESE...

Now, I know what you are thinking, they are being prepared for the elements, blah blah blah.
WRONG!
These ladies are wearing XTRATUFs, with their jeans tucked in....as a FASHION STATEMENT.
I'm pretty sure Tim Gunn would NOT be ok with this, because I certainly am not.
Rain boots are only acceptable in the following situations:
1. It is pouring rain.

2. You are 5 years old and splashing in puddles.

3. You are camping.

Yes, that is me, front and center. Camping AND wearing rain boots. Probably will never happen again, but it did happen once.
4. You own a pair of cute boots, such as these.

4. You are a fish monger.

5. You are a deck hand for one of the Deadliest Catch crews...

Which isn't a real excuse cause that show drives me CRAZY cause it's the same thing every week... do they catch crab, do they not catch crab? It will be one of the two endings, every time. Promise.
But by all means do NOT wear them to be stylish.
There you go. Now you know when you may wear your galoshes.
No comments:
Post a Comment