What a long week. ugh.
So, I was reading this blog that I follow and it got me to thinking...
Tonight there was a fantastic cultural event held where I live. The tickets were quite reasonably priced. ($5 per person.) The show was amazing! Methinks a perfect opportunity to summon up some courage and ask a lady on a date. (Asking on dates is a boy job. Yes, I have no problem with Gender Roles. You ask me out because you're a man and that's what men do.) And LBH where else are you going to find a date that costs less than $10???
So, I'm at the event with my family, because apparently I am un-datable... and I see all these fly ladies at the performance, STAG. And then, I see all the fellas, STAG. Is it just me or is this a issue?
It seems that in our culture you can't just go on a date with someone. Because by going on a date that signifies that you want to have their babies or you need to buy a ring.
This is false.
It's a date.
And furthermore, I'm tired of watching the guys I know ask out the same 5 girls. I know so many amazing women. Women with talent, humor, education and ability. And these are not the girls being taken on dates. This blows my mind. I'm thinking go big or go home, right???
Here's what I say.
Ladies: Quit throwing yourselves at boys who don't deserve you. Live your life. All too often women feel it's either plan A. Be a wife and a mother, or Plan B. Have a career. I say, have a fantastic plan! Live! Become a better person. Live, serve, learn and grow and when the time is right, things will work out for marriage, and in the meantime you will have become an amazing person.
Fellas: Put on your brave pants and ask out a girl with substance. And be someone worth investing in. Be motivated in our career and education and life in general. Cut your hair, put on some clean clothes and go on a date. Just because a girl says yes doesn't mean she's getting towels monogrammed with your name on them. It means she wants to get to know you.
You are welcome in advance.
So, I was reading this blog that I follow and it got me to thinking...
Tonight there was a fantastic cultural event held where I live. The tickets were quite reasonably priced. ($5 per person.) The show was amazing! Methinks a perfect opportunity to summon up some courage and ask a lady on a date. (Asking on dates is a boy job. Yes, I have no problem with Gender Roles. You ask me out because you're a man and that's what men do.) And LBH where else are you going to find a date that costs less than $10???
So, I'm at the event with my family, because apparently I am un-datable... and I see all these fly ladies at the performance, STAG. And then, I see all the fellas, STAG. Is it just me or is this a issue?
It seems that in our culture you can't just go on a date with someone. Because by going on a date that signifies that you want to have their babies or you need to buy a ring.
This is false.
It's a date.
And furthermore, I'm tired of watching the guys I know ask out the same 5 girls. I know so many amazing women. Women with talent, humor, education and ability. And these are not the girls being taken on dates. This blows my mind. I'm thinking go big or go home, right???
Here's what I say.
Ladies: Quit throwing yourselves at boys who don't deserve you. Live your life. All too often women feel it's either plan A. Be a wife and a mother, or Plan B. Have a career. I say, have a fantastic plan! Live! Become a better person. Live, serve, learn and grow and when the time is right, things will work out for marriage, and in the meantime you will have become an amazing person.
Fellas: Put on your brave pants and ask out a girl with substance. And be someone worth investing in. Be motivated in our career and education and life in general. Cut your hair, put on some clean clothes and go on a date. Just because a girl says yes doesn't mean she's getting towels monogrammed with your name on them. It means she wants to get to know you.
You are welcome in advance.
5 comments:
I'll blame it all on silly Mormon CULTURE. It steals young adulthood.
AMEN!
Amen!!! Denali and I give you applause and an encore!
AMEN! Now let's just find a way for the guys in the Branch to read this.
PS I was actually one of the ladies that did not have to go stag. But I did have to ask the guy out.
Post a Comment