So, I was looking at my refrigerator the yesterday, and it looks at though marriage has thrown up on it as it is covered in Wedding announcements, which do not misunderstand me, Marriage is wonderful, and I'm definitely pro, and one day I hope to marry... but I fear that I'll probably be one of THESE brides. I've apologized to my family in advance. I am who I am. haha (I'm not that bad. I promise.)
But this is my philosophy.
I only plan on getting married once. My wedding is going to be a big deal. I'm gonna throw a fantastic party, if that means I'm particular about a few things, deal with it.
Since I am so passionate about weddings and such, and since I am NOWHERE near being married (remember, just the idea that I might like a boy is a fate worse than death apparently) I feel it my civic duty to give you:
Wedding Etiquette.... According to Krystal
1. Because this is a special day, one of great importance to the bride and groom, would it kill you to change your clothes? Unless the invite says "Casual Attire" or the wedding is being held at a bowling alley, Jeans and T-shirts are not acceptable. Men: Comb your hair, put on a shirt with buttons and some dress pants. Ladies: dresses/skirts preferred or at least slacks. Remember, you are a guest to one of the greatest days in someone's life. Dress the part. If you look like the Gogan's from Pete's Dragon, you won't be let in to my wedding.
2. Bubbles= TACKY. Sorry, I know they're cheap and whimsical, but I won't be having bubbles at my wedding send off. I've got something else up my sleeve, but you'll have to wait to see if I get married to find out what it is. But, believe you me, there will be NO bubbles. Bubbles are for baths or sunny days in Kindergarten. And I've heard that the bubbles can stain wedding dresses which is NOT ok by me.
3. Expect a Thank You Note, cause they are classy. Classy people send thank you notes because they know that the card doesn't just mean thanks for the salad spinner, it means thank you for being a part of my life, thank you for helping me become the person who I am and for coming to my special day. Yeah. And you just thought it was waste of stamp. Not so much.
4. Remember how this is MY party? Well, that means that there will be delicious food. This also means that there will be beautiful decor, and crock pots will NOT match. Also, please don't plan on eating little smokies swimming in BBQ sauce, cause there won't be any at my reception. Perfect for a Super Bowl party but not so much for the biggest day of my life. Also, while I'm on the topic, I think chocolate fountains have made their way out. I wouldn't plan on them anymore, that was so 2004. Oh, and don't be wasteful, someone's paying good money for that food.
5. There will be no no basketball hoops in my wedding pictures. I know that many marriages have survived with basketball hoops in the wedding pictures, but I refuse. Go ahead. Call me a snob. But let me give you my reasoning. I know that the church house is cheap free. But by the time I buy 5 million years of tulle to cover the basketball hoops, I probably could have spent that money on a really nice location that I don't have free throw lines on the floor. I recognize that if when I get married I'll have to compromise on somethings, but the church gym will be a deal breaker.
Well, there you have it. I have MANY more thoughts/opinions/better ideas than commonly practiced wedding ideas, but I'll save those for another blog. (Depending on the response I get on today's rantings)
In the meantime, here's a link to my favorite blog dedicated to fancy and classy weddings!
What do you think about wedding receptions?
*This post is directed at NO ONE. If you have ever talked to me you know that these are deeply held convictions that I have had since I was a little girl. Promise. Don't hate me if you love crock pots and basketball hoops. I'm just showing a better way to live. ;)





7 comments:
I love it, and completely agree with it. The only thing I would add for myself is the fact that I will be having a summer wedding and I will be having a garden party and I will be wearing flip flops. I love them, live in them and I dont want to be thinking about my aching feet (in heels) my entire wedding day.
Totally agree with you. The only pet-peve that I'd add to my list is brides who wear flip-flops or tennis shoes (sorry Merika, I don't know you and I'm sure that you are lovely) it is neither fancy nor classy - there are options that are both comfortable and fitting to be worn under a wedding dress. But to each his own - I also believe that the bride should be allowed to do what she wants (with in reason of course). I for one would forgo the reception all together and elope to Hawaii.
I am saddened by the news that there will be no little smokey walk at your wedding. And I have to admit that I am slightly tempted to crash your wedding in my best Gogans outfit and a thing of bubbles....but I wont cause I love you.
Does this also mean that songs by the love bug are out too?
I could not agree with you more, Krystal! I think my own mother thought I was being a snob because I refused to have basketball hoops at my wedding, but I didn't care. And on the clothes topic--I definitely think that is a bigger problem in Alaska than anywhere else, but it's always bugged me that people show up in Carharts to a wedding. Not classy, not classy at all.
LOVE this!!
The only differences for my wedding.. Boots!! If it's anywhere in May through October I'm wearing cowgirl boots. If it's in November through April I'm going to wear cute snow boots. :D
And I would LOVE an outdoor reception. So if my weddings in June through September, the Alaska reception will definitely be in my backyard or somewhere outdoors.
And I've decided that my reception(s) HAVE to be kid friendly. I'm going to have kid games in another room. AND if I get married within the next year or so, which could happen, I never know, my preschoolers have agreed to do some songs at my reception. Think along the lines of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The ABC's, and Once There Was a Snowman.
LOVE!! :D
There are some things that you don't pick up on 'til after you have your wedding.
One thing I should have changed for my wedding (you'll attest to this) bridesmaid dresses- give them a color theme and let them do whatever they want with it.
Totally agree with not choosing a place that for a reception that needs a complete makeover.
I'm definitely digging the outdoor reception idea... If I get married when the weather allows it, I'm definitely heading outside.
Like Denali, I'm probably going to rock the cowgirl boots. Not sure yet though, I still have a million years to think about it. If I don't wear the boots, I'll have some cute little sandals.
My reception will have kind of a country theme mixed with southwest US culture, but don't worry, it will still be classy. I'm not going all-out hillbilly : ) It'll be a fun fiesta shindig. Trust me, my reception will be FUN and classy!
Post a Comment