Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So True. So True.

Hi Internet,

Me again. Just listening to my free audiobooks and going to school. Guess what. I got an A in my Alaska History class that was kicking my trash. HOLLA! I'm super stoked!

I finished listening to The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.


I'd seen the movie. I try to read books before I watch the movie, but sometimes I cheat. This is one of those rare cases. (I still won't see My Sister's Keeper because I haven't read the book yet. Haha) I really enjoyed the book. As most cases I liked it better than the movie, which I also loved. There was some language (period related) but overall a great read.

But that's not what I wanted to blog about..... That's boring.

I found this quote on Pinterest (Remember I'm obsessed with Pinterest.) that has been really life changing for me this week.


LOVE IT!!!

I can't tell you how many times I have felt like because I wasn't in a relationship there was something wrong with me. I knew getting married was easy. I mean people do it everyday. What's not easy, requires patience and faith is waiting. Waiting for the right person at the right time.

I've been learning to love the place that I am at in my life. 

Things are going great.

I've run 3 races this summer, gone back to school, made the Dean's List, had an incredible job and really worked on improving myself.

I am grateful for this time I have to be single. I never thought I would ever say that. 

EVER

But I am. I've been able to make myself a whole person, so that when and if the time comes, I can be a contributor to a relationship, not just a taker. Not to mention the life experiences I'm gaining during this time.

So, woo hoo for being single and strong enough to WAIT.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

you go girl! I'm not sure if it's mormon culture or what, but I totally understand mentality of waiting for some man to come around and fix my life. I think that we could both agree that it's the worst! Thank heavens we live in a time when we can go and do amazing things all by our selves. Being single is a blessing. A blessing that I have come to appreciate. And though I hope to someday experience the blessings of marriage, I try not to let that desire undermine the advantages, opportunities and experience that come with being single.

BTW - love love LOVE Secret Life of Bees. I too listened to the audio book but got the reader's drawl was so slow that I got impatient and sought out a copy to read the ending.