Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Change of Heart

Well Internet,

As you can see I have NOT gone private, and in fact, have decided not to. (Don't worry, I plan to explain.) It came to my attention that there are quite a few people who actually DO read what I write. Which concerned me at first, and in a way felt like my privacy had been invaded. However, after I calmed myself down, :) I realized that what I saw of an invasion of privacy, was actually a tremendous blessing.
* I have people who love and care about me. I guess I'm interesting enough for people to have an interest in what I have to say.
* BECAUSE I have such an attentive audience, what a fantastic forum for me to share what I know, for me to relate my experiences with others, and share my happiness with others.

Methinks this is a win, win, win.

SO, by popular demand. I'll keep writing. The continuation of my blog is conditional.....(this is where you come in) I'd love to know who actually reads what I'm saying. Leave a comment, as long as I know people are reading, I'll keep writing.

Today I've been thinking. I went to church, which was great... We had a lesson in Relief Society about Our Heavenly Father. I know that there is a higher power. I know that God is real, he knows my name, he knows my struggles, he knows my strength and potential. I know that He has a plan, that the Earth was created as a place where we could come and learn and prove our obedience to so that we can become more like Him and live with Him again. I know that Heavenly Father loves me when I drive up Birch Hill. I love looking at the green leaves of the trees, and and the beautiful Autumn colors, I love the frosted birch branches as they glisten in the snow, it reminds me that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He created this Earth so that I can have joy. I am grateful for Heavenly Father's creations, and the opportunity I have to be a part of His plan.


4 comments:

Brandon and Tabitha Ellis said...

I love you Krystal! You are amazing!

Watt-Hayes Family said...

hey cousin!
didn't know you had a blog till you posted it on FB. I have one too! I added you onto my list. I have some other family members blogs added on as well, if you'd like to check out!
hope you doing well! Loved the christmas sweaters! so funny!
take care.
natalie

http://sweetpeakylanjaxon.blogspot.com

(julie) said...

I'm reading. I'm reading. I need to call you.

Courtney said...

Oh! I miss driving up Birch Hill in the winter! I was trying to explain it to Brandon, but how do you tell someone that when you turn the corner it's like entering a whole different world? It's so peaceful and beautiful and unreal. I so hope we can make it back to Alaska one day.