Friday, June 4, 2010

This Means War IKEA...

Internet.

You maybe knew that I have a love for all things IKEA. Like, I want to move into IKEA. I can spend all my money and all my time there. I went there when I was in Portland. When I lived in UT I would drive the 30 minutes at least monthly, just to take in all the Swedish-design goodness!
Pic below is of me basking in the wonder that is IKEA



Until Now. IKEA and I are not speaking.

Why?

It's about a chair.


This one. I want it. Bad. I want 2, actually. For my room. Don't you think they'll look fabulous next to my new bedding??? I do!

Well, apparently IKEA does not, because I tried to order them and I got this E-mail back...

As IKEA Home Shopping is currently unable to ship via ground to your area, your e-Shop order has been cancelled. Please be advised, however, that IKEA is in the process of working out a way to offer ground shipping to our customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and APO addresses, and we hope to have this available in the near future. We do however currently have UPS shipping available for a select range of items to our customers in Hawaii and Alaska. We do apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for visiting IKEA online. Best Regards, Beldian
IKEA e-Shop Sales

Slap. In. The. Face.

Last time I checked Alaska was a part of the United States. And if IKEA can ship to the Middle East, I feel like they can ship to Alaska. Oh, and the list of items that CAN ship to Alaska and Hawaii is like magical, it exists nowhere, you just have to shoot in the dark and hope they can send your item. Ridiculous.
We can put a man on the moon but not a chair in my room???



I'm also obsessed with this chair, but alas, it costs more than I'm willing to spend.

Enough of my rant. If anyone can find a cute and cheap accent chair that CAN ship to Alaska let me know. OR, if you're in AK and find a fantastic chair I can re-cover... let me know.

No comments: