Still working on the science of getting ready... stay tuned. But, in the meantime, I thought I would share a gem in the life of me.
Well. Some of you may know these stories. But they're really treasures, so here they are in written form.
Story #1. I had a roommate named Amy. She is fantastic. Her favorite movie is Top Gun, yeah, cause she's that cool. Well, we were in college and wouldn't you know I had never seen it. SO, we sat down to watch it one night. The movie started and the theme song came on. You know, this one...
Yeah. Classic. Ok, well the chorus starts and we're all singing along, cause we're girls and we do things like that. WELL, I'm going to town, vocally and all of a sudden my roommate stops and looks at me and the following convo took place:
Amy: What did you say?
Me: I went to the Danger Zone?
Amy: *Hysterically laughing* It's HIGHWAY to the Danger Zone!
Yep. I'd been singing it wrong my whole life!
But wait....
That's not the only time!
Story #2. So, I was rocking out with my sister to Old School Mariah Carey, right? And it gets to my favorite song... DreamLover. (Yes, it's on my playlist to the side, go ahead and listen to get in the mood) So, we're singing, dancing, having fun and it gets to the chorus and I'm like "I need you so disparately won't you please come around cause I wanna...." And sang like I have for the past 12 years...
THEN, my sister turns off the music and looks at me like I'm crazy. Why you ask? Well, maybe because for the past 12 years I've been saying "I need you so disparately won't you please come around cause I wanna SHEV-A-REVA with you baby!" - Not SHARE FOREVER! I seriously thought Shev-a-reva was just some super ghetto term of affection, so I never questioned it! ha ha!
Three words for you. Fancy. And. Classy!
Well. Some of you may know these stories. But they're really treasures, so here they are in written form.
Story #1. I had a roommate named Amy. She is fantastic. Her favorite movie is Top Gun, yeah, cause she's that cool. Well, we were in college and wouldn't you know I had never seen it. SO, we sat down to watch it one night. The movie started and the theme song came on. You know, this one...
Yeah. Classic. Ok, well the chorus starts and we're all singing along, cause we're girls and we do things like that. WELL, I'm going to town, vocally and all of a sudden my roommate stops and looks at me and the following convo took place:
Amy: What did you say?
Me: I went to the Danger Zone?
Amy: *Hysterically laughing* It's HIGHWAY to the Danger Zone!
Yep. I'd been singing it wrong my whole life!
But wait....
That's not the only time!
Story #2. So, I was rocking out with my sister to Old School Mariah Carey, right? And it gets to my favorite song... DreamLover. (Yes, it's on my playlist to the side, go ahead and listen to get in the mood) So, we're singing, dancing, having fun and it gets to the chorus and I'm like "I need you so disparately won't you please come around cause I wanna...." And sang like I have for the past 12 years...
THEN, my sister turns off the music and looks at me like I'm crazy. Why you ask? Well, maybe because for the past 12 years I've been saying "I need you so disparately won't you please come around cause I wanna SHEV-A-REVA with you baby!" - Not SHARE FOREVER! I seriously thought Shev-a-reva was just some super ghetto term of affection, so I never questioned it! ha ha!
Three words for you. Fancy. And. Classy!
1 comment:
Krystal-I love you!
Post a Comment