So, today I spend a large part of my day in the Hospital with Grandma. She's not doing so hot, but seems to be doing better.
While we were sitting in her room we heard Brahms Lullaby playing over the loudspeaker. It seemed weird, I mean it was like 9:10, so it wasn't on the hour, and it was after visiting hours were over. My Aunt, Grandma and I just thought it must have been some cell phone or "hospital-wide Bed Time."
However, while I was pacing the hallways a little later (Yes, I pace when I talk on the phone.) I saw a sign that explained that every time a baby is born in the hospital they play Brahms Lullaby over the loudspeaker to announce the baby's arrival. Cool Huh?
That got me to thinking about what I cool place hospitals are. I mean, granted there are smells, and blood, but also hospitals are often quiet and peaceful. A perfect place for Spirits that are leaving and coming to Earth. Like "Heaven's Customs." Makes hospitals less scary to me.
Well, I'm off to get some sleep.

1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment