Internet,
It's Final Four Time! And Coach K and his boys are in and I am excited! Now you are maybe thinking, hmmm. That's weird, I didn't picture her as a college basketball fan.
But, confession. I am.
Let me tell you the story.
Once upon a time when I was living in Provo, I worked with a boy who I had a little crush on. And I knew he liked Basketball. And he had my number, though a whole awkward exchange process, that may or may not have involved a paper airplane.... ANYHOW. He called me one night, and knowing that he liked basketball and that Basketball games were on like every channel.... and I thought to myself "hmmm, maybe he will like me if I like basketball too"...
A convo went like this:
Boy: So, what are you doing tonight?
Me: Oh, you know just watch the UNC game tonight...
(COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE! I only said that cause I had overheard him in the breakroom talking about the game and knew it was on. Hahaha)
Boy: Wow! Really?
Me: Oh yeah me and my roommates have totally been watching.
(Again. TOTAL Lie! I had one roommate who was watching, while my other roommate and I were frantically driving home from Target in a rainstorm in case he wanted to come watch at the house.)
Boy: Oh, cool. Well, maybe I'll stop by. What's your address??
And then I started driving a little like this...
I ran into my apartment to see my roommate Emily watching basketball and I frantically/desparately asked:
Emily! Teach me everything you know about basketball! Who's playing? Why is there that little clock in the corner? Why do you have that little paper with names and lines all over it? What is a "fault shot"?
She shook her head in disapointment and explained the magic which is the NCAA Tournament. And I've been hooked ever since. :) All from a little white lie...
GO DUKE!


1 comment:
I feel like I should have raised you better kdawg....for doing such a poor job i apologize. GO DUKE!
Post a Comment