Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chapter 1: The Seminary Demon

Ok Internet,

So, after my last post, I have had several requests of things to share in my Made for TV movie, and I've decided the best way to get said movie made is to first start writing the script.

So, by Morgan's Request (She was one of my little EFY ladies from my favorite week... EVER) Here is the first part of what may be the most comedic part of my "show."

A few disclaimers....

*Please don't judge me because I was/am relationship impaired.
*Names may or may not be changed to protect the innocent, and because I'm too much of a wuss to tell the involved party the true story and since it happened 12 years ago I feel the statute of limitations is up.
*If you know any of the parties involved, please don't name names, for privacy reasons. Thanks!

With that... I give you Pride and Prejudice:Krystal Style.

Once upon a time, cause all good stories start with once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl named Me. And the year was 1996, and I was 12 years old. It was the summer before 7th grade. I remember one Monday being at the community Food Bank, doing service, and one of my Youth Leaders was telling me that a new family was moving to town and they had a son just my age, and that he was QUITE the ladies man. Well, that was it. I'd never seen the boy, but from his description I KNEW that we were MFEO. (Made For Each Other) There was just one problem, he lived on the other side of town, and had no CLUE who I was... But I knew that he would one day love me.

I may or may not have seen him at church functions, and from afar knew that I liked him.

Flash forward 2 years to my Freshman year of High School.

We would be going to the same school! Not only that, but we would be taking a class together!! This was my chance. I knew his father and that his father was very involved in our church and so automatically I deducted that if I wanted to be desirable to this young man I would need to be SUPER Spiritual. And the class we had together was a church scripture class before school. SO. I. Was. Set.

But imagine my surprise when I went to school on the first day of High School and we had ANOTHER class together, Biology. Fate, I tell you. FATE.

Now my master plan was simple. In order for him to fall MADLY in love with me, I would have to become a scriptorian. So, that's what I did. Every night, I would go home and study the seminary lesson; I knew the answers to the question before the teacher asked the question. I sat on the front row. I memorized all the scriptures. I even brought in candy when it was my turn for devotional. All in an effort for him to realize how much he loved me back...

Now, as some of you may know, I sing. And I'm not bad at it. Well, my friends had conned me into trying out for our school's Show Choir. And Freshmen don't typically get in. But, I decided to try anyway. I did good. So well that there were only 2 Freshmen girls who made call-backs. Me, and Donna. Now, vocally, I was WAY better than Donna. In fact, during the call-back she said to me "I like to sing by you cause it's easier to hear my part." (I should have known THEN! Haha) So, I knew I had her on the singing portion, it would be left to the dancing part. Well, I got partnered with a red-haired boy with sweaty palms who was NOT Fred Astaire, and Donna got one of the best dancers in the school for her audition.... It wasn't looking good.

I ran into the school the next day to check the list. My name wasn't there. But Donna's was.

I. Was. Devastated.

My blasted lack of dancing skills had thwarted my future. I walked away from the Choir room crushed. Not only that, but I had overheard some of the boys in seminary refer to me as the "Seminary Demon." Could it be that my plan was backfiring on me?? As I was walking to the bus later that day I saw HIM, KISSING Donna.

I knew then, that I could no longer love him and that he would henceforth be my arch enemy....


To Be Continued.......

5 comments:

Kailee Higgins said...

hahahaha even though i have heard this story by you before i am soooooo excited to read it. you are the best story teller ever.

Morgan Summers said...

hahaha yessss!

her said...

oh my gosh this is my favorite story ever. shall i write a parallel version? bwahahaha

Unknown said...

Its looking great so far!! Just dont forget the college years and living with people (who shall not be named) who prevented hallway dance parties, and open windows in the deads of winter and etc... ;)

Celeste said...

Months later I find this.
And I am pleased.
This story was an absolute HIGHLIGHT of EFY for me.