Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reader's Choice #1

Hi Internet,

So, my first request was:

"Tabitha Kay said...how about cool stuff that happens when you read your scriptures????? I LOVE scripture study!!!"

Well, Tabitha.

I was thinking about what I could share, and I do have a few experiences, but some of them are pretty personal. BUT, I do want to share this.


So, for those of you unfamiliar with my faith, we believe in Jesus Christ and our church is organized in the same way that he organized the church while he was on the Earth. So, we are led by a living Prophet and Apostles. And these Apostles have a special responsibility to travel the world and Testify of Jesus Christ. Well, My dad is a leader of the church where I live, and he received a letter saying that one of the Apostles, Elder D. Todd Christofferson would be coming to our town. (This is kinda rare, seeing as the last time an Apostle came to our town was 31 years ago.)

So, I had planned on making sure I was back in town before he came, so I could listen to him speak. But, alas, that was not the plan for me. But, my dad was able to get me connected online, and I watched and it was WONDERFUL! He talked about how Heavenly Father was aware of us and that he loves us. It was great.

But I was still sad that I wasn't able to be there. I saw all my friends on the video and wished that I could be there too, but I knew that my Grandma needed my help. I guess my dad was driving Elder Christofferson to his hotel for the night and Elder Christofferson said please make sure to tell your daughter she is in the place that she needs to be. And my dad said, "will you tell her?" So, imagine my surprise, as I was sitting in the hospital and my dad called. I asked him if his house guests had left and he said "Elder Christofferson wants to talk to you."

I was shocked.

He said that he had loved the weather and meeting my family. And I asked if he would please talk to my Grandma. He said he would love to and proceeded to talk to her about what what a wonderful mother she was and how God was aware of her and Elder Christofferson would make sure to keep our family in his prayers and also ask the Quorum of the Twelve to do the same. And then he talked to me again and told me that I was in the right place at the right time. Talk about a Tender Mercy, just what I needed to hear. Reassurance that in this world of billions of people Heavenly Father was aware of me.


"We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance." David A. Bednar

4 comments:

DenaliL said...

That's one of the coolest things I've heard, Krystal. Thanks for sharing! :D

Chelsea Kowallis said...

WOW! How wonderful :)

Brandon and Tabitha Ellis said...

Holy Cow!!! I love that!!!!

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you felt loved and known, Krystal. That's one of my favorite feelings in the world. Love you.